MILAS DORSEY KELLY, JR.
Prevention and Treatment Center | 2011 – Present
Organization funded by the N.C. Department of Public Safety for targeted juvenile defenders and high-risk students in Wayne, Lenoir and Greene Counties.
- Oversees the operation of Juvenile Crime Prevention Council designed to provide a positive environment for high risk youth and juvenile offenders, necessary skills for success in their homes, communities and schools, and effective resources for families of all cultures in the community.
- President, Central/Eastern Wayne Alumni and Friends, Inc.
- President, East Carolina Officials Football Association (2020) Board Chairman, Wayne County ABC Board (2020 - 2021)-Member since 2013
- Past President, Gold/Wayne Panhellenic Council (2016 – 2020)
- Member and Clinic Leader, Eastern Basketball Officials Association and East Carolina Football Officials (2015 – present)
- Lifetime Member, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Phi Alpha Alpha Chapter (1976 – present), Basileus (2015)
- Member, Goldsboro Golf Committee Advisory Board (2016)
- Member, State Employee’s Credit Union Advisory Board (2012)
- Member, St. James AME Zion Church
Bachelor of Science | Business Administration, Management and Marketing
East Carolina University | Greenville, NC
1975 – 1980
Eastern Wayne High School | Goldsboro, NC
HOBBIES, ACHIEVEMENTS & PERSONAL INFORMATION
Enjoys golfing, officiating high school sports and reading
Recipient of Dick Knox Distinguished Service Award (2020)
Official for the NC East/West All Star Football Game (2017)
Official for the NC State Football Championships (2009, 2015)
Husband to Cynthia Kelly for 40 years
Father to two daughters, Joy Kelly Phifer, PhD and Noelle Kelly Owusu-Akyaw, MBA
Grandfather to Caleel Owusu-Akyaw